Question: Policy on requests for information on suspensions

More
09 Feb 2019 19:18 #333937 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Tellahane wrote: So I ask of you Kyrin, do you feel guilt? do you have a desire to correct wrongs? you went from one offense, apologized for it, and turned around and with a lack of tact, crapped all over it essentially.


Do I feel guilt for posting a meme? No I don't. That is because you and I have a difference of opinion in what those posts mean. And quite frankly for you to try and tell me what neaj may feel after you have already told me I don't get to do that reduces your argument to nonsense.

But do I feel guilt for hurting feelings over a misunderstanding. Yes I do and I have conveyed that already.

However these two things are mutually exclusive. You however may not think so and that is fine, but you dont get to tell me what I feel.

Now back the the core of the issue here. Compromise under mutual cooperation and negotiation. I am willing to accept that idea that the posts were perceived to be done with a lack of respect to the thread and in that vein I will apologize to anyone that was offended by my posts. This is not guilt for the posting but guilt that I unintentionally offended anyone. And because of that guilt I am willing to negotiate a settlement to the matter in compromise by splitting the posts off and leaving the original thread unlocked.

Now what I am asking for from you is the same sort of concession. The concession that you were perceived as being incourteous in your dealings with us. I'm not asking that you feel guilty for the action, but guilty for offending us with your action. And in that light be willing to admit that action was perceived as offensive and then come to a compromise to agree on a solution we can all find acceptable.

This is the basis of good communication, right?

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2019 19:30 #333938 by Tellahane

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Tellahane wrote: So I ask of you Kyrin, do you feel guilt? do you have a desire to correct wrongs? you went from one offense, apologized for it, and turned around and with a lack of tact, crapped all over it essentially.


Do I feel guilt for posting a meme? No I don't. That is because you and I have a difference of opinion in what those posts mean. And quite frankly for you to try and tell me what neaj may feel after you have already told me I don't get to do that reduces your argument to nonsense.

But do I feel guilt for hurting feelings over a misunderstanding. Yes I do and I have conveyed that already.

However these two things are mutually exclusive. You however may not think so and that is fine, but you dont get to tell me what I feel.

Now back the the core of the issue here. Compromise under mutual cooperation and negotiation. I am willing to accept that idea that the posts were perceived to be done with a lack of respect to the thread and in that vein I will apologize to anyone that was offended by my posts. This is not guilt for the posting but guilt that I unintentionally offended anyone. And because of that guilt I am willing to negotiate a settlement to the matter in compromise by splitting the posts off and leaving the original thread unlocked.

Now what I am asking for from you is the same sort of concession. The concession that you were perceived as being incourteous in your dealings with us. I'm not asking that you feel guilty for the action, but guilty for offending us with your action. And in that light be willing to admit that action was perceived as offensive and then come to a compromise to agree on a solution we can all find acceptable.

This is the basis of good communication, right?


I never told you what to feel, I simply asked if you did. This is not a negotiation, I am a Knight of this temple, and the system administrator, it is my duty to look after and protect it and the membership within. You are a guest of this temple, when you commit offenses against it I will respond accordingly, and I feel that the 24hr lock was and still is the most appropriate action. From the moment I locked it I had already planned at the time of unlocking to split the thread, but not before. You are of course as I have said before, welcome to appeal to council who outranks me. I have to comply with their requests, but until such time I shall continue my duties as I have sworn to do. You may not like the manner of which your consequences for your actions came to you, but your not meant to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Arisaig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2019 19:53 - 09 Feb 2019 19:55 #333939 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Tellahane wrote: I never told you what to feel, I simply asked if you did. This is not a negotiation, I am a Knight of this temple, and the system administrator, it is my duty to look after and protect it and the membership within. You are a guest of this temple, when you commit offenses against it I will respond accordingly, and I feel that the 24hr lock was and still is the most appropriate action. From the moment I locked it I had already planned at the time of unlocking to split the thread, but not before. You are of course as I have said before, welcome to appeal to council who outranks me. I have to comply with their requests, but until such time I shall continue my duties as I have sworn to do. You may not like the manner of which your consequences for your actions came to you, but your not meant to.


It's not a matter of liking it or not. You still seem to be misunderstanding my intention here. You can run this place any way you like. I'm just trying to point out to you a potentially better way to do it.

Im rather disappointed that at this point you have chosen to take this sort of dictatorial stance and "lay down the law" to me. It serves no purpose other than to polarize the party you are addressing further against your position.

My opinion is this is not the way a knight should conduct themselves when approached with openness and honesty. That's all I'm trying to do here. It's sad that this has become the norm since jestors leaving.

It's pretty obvious my words have fallen on deaf ears so I'm done. Best of luck.

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
Last edit: 09 Feb 2019 19:55 by Kyrin Wyldstar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2019 20:01 #333941 by Tellahane
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arisaig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2019 22:17 #333953 by Kobos
I am asking on a level to all, Kyrin and Tellehane your statements here just happen to fit the point to be made.

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Im rather disappointed that at this point you have chosen to take this sort of dictatorial stance and "lay down the law" to me. It serves no purpose other than to polarize the party you are addressing further against your position.


Would you have responded to any other form of plea? I must admit I at times would not respond to a less forceful move.

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: My opinion is this is not the way a knight should conduct themselves when approached with openness and honesty. That's all I'm trying to do here. It's sad that this has become the norm since jestors leaving.


Openness is a perspective that varies from person to person. There are things that we are all not open about. When applying it to a situational, dissenting or even parallel situation with in any organization; should we not be open to examining our own level of openness? Honesty follows openness, as one has nothing to hide in a house of glass. This though to many will be considered a weak stance. Yes? A house of glass is quite fragile. Yet, it is often the strongest way to connect to another human (very easy to lose in millions of lines of text).

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

Your head will collapse. If there's nothing in it. And you'll ask yourself. Where is my mind?
Way out in the water.
See it swimmin.
With your feet in the air and your head on the ground_The Pixies
TM-JLSpinner Training, Brother-Nakis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2019 22:38 #333959 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Kobos wrote: Would you have responded to any other form of plea? I must admit I at times would not respond to a less forceful move.


The plea I was responding to was the last one tella made here where he told me "he was a knight" and "I was just a guest". Those statements alone stink of self entitlement to begin with. Beyond that he basically told me he would not consider my compromise or entertain any suggestion from me concerning the security operations of this place.

It's fine with me. However I would have loved it if tella would have stepped up and actually had a conversation with me as peers and not from his high horse and we could have come to some sort of mutually agreed upon understanding. That was my goal and I think the fact that I could not further this conversation to that point was a direct result of my reputation here. People have this idea I'm always scheming and manipulating. This is not true but I understand why people think that. But in this case I was just trying to help.

And even though I'm supposed to be of such low character does it make it right when I get treated back with that same low character or are knights supposed to be better? I don't know, but what do you honestly think about my suggestion as someone who is a member here and has a vested interest in how it is operated?

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2019 01:40 - 10 Feb 2019 02:45 #333970 by OB1Shinobi
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]




I see the thread got re-opened, which i assume would not have happened if you werent trying to be diplomatic. I recognize that and i say THANK YOU Tellahane.

Beware of unearned wisdom.
-Carl Jung
Last edit: 10 Feb 2019 02:45 by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2019 01:42 - 10 Feb 2019 02:13 #333971 by OB1Shinobi

JLSpinner wrote: The Membership Affairs department is working on something now that will accessible to guests that has clear instructions and a point of contact. Stay tuned.



I find this more frightening than reassuring, tbh. My experience has been that tacking on a bunch of new rules almost never makes things better.

Beware of unearned wisdom.
-Carl Jung
Last edit: 10 Feb 2019 02:13 by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2019 02:27 #333974 by JLSpinner
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. There is no tacking on a bunch of new rules. It's a rewrite, more organized and fair, with a clear and defined appeals process. It still has to be finished and voted. Nothing is official.


Teaching Master: Phortis Nespin
Apprentice: Kobos
Apprentice: Nakis
Contact Clergy
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2019 02:11 - 11 Feb 2019 02:13 #334010 by Kobos

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Kobos wrote: Would you have responded to any other form of plea? I must admit I at times would not respond to a less forceful move.

And even though I'm supposed to be of such low character does it make it right when I get treated back with that same low character or are knights supposed to be better? I don't know, but what do you honestly think about my suggestion as someone who is a member here and has a vested interest in how it is operated?


So I did give some thought to this, first though, I know you speak bluntly. That's a good thing, we need that, but when you do see it is rubbing someone in a disagreement to a more than basic elevation. Is it better to ask questions directly; or to make statements and then end with one questions? I honestly, don't know the answer to this it's on my list to define free discussion.

As for the answer to your question. I honestly, don't know enough of the posting rules to decide when or when not they are applied. You do know I have a sense of humor, but I draw lines, based on what I perceive as tone and feel (I have been trying to step back a bit, think longer; or just dipping when I feel I don't have anything to say). Now regardless of rank, we are all part of the community? I think, the thing is this exact community (TOTJO) has rules, regulations and a ranking system. Don't we all agree to that term when we sign up? So, that said some one has to enforce it, it is their job. Now, it's pretty easy to get elevated when it happens, particularly towards the officer. Is it easier to fight what you feel as injustice by ripping up the ticket and yelling at the officer or do plan to show up to court? Is it as difficult for you(as it is for me) to sometimes pick up on tone, direction and the best strategy to prove a point through text? Because, personally I do not want that job, it doesn't seem easy.

As has been mentioned, I know some new stuff is being written. I hope this is leading towards to low censorship(trolls, spammers obviously); and more discussion. I would take a guess that it will define what is to go where more but allow for a little sway, and some laughs (again, I am speculating). I think, we would agree that would be best?

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

Your head will collapse. If there's nothing in it. And you'll ask yourself. Where is my mind?
Way out in the water.
See it swimmin.
With your feet in the air and your head on the ground_The Pixies
TM-JLSpinner Training, Brother-Nakis
Last edit: 11 Feb 2019 02:13 by Kobos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3, Arisaig, Kelrax Lorcken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.