What Is Your Personal Directive as a Jedi?

More
16 Mar 2019 18:42 #335751 by Kyrin Wyldstar
No Manu I make no hard assumptions. My point was that many do though, assume somebody else should act or behave or talk a specific way and then go about trying to make them change. That never works very well and yes kobos I would agree it comes from ego and I think that ego is fed by a false sense of superiority because they have been given a title.

Proteus, as for my driving purpose I think we all have many but in the context of this conversation mine would be an honest search for truth. It is not an easy process and sometimes can be harsh for any of us. Does my purpose interfere with others purpose? Well I would say no because I think we are each responsible for our own responses and reactions. But others seem to not feel this way. Their mission in life seems to be meta-involvement in others business. Namely judging the nature of anothers pursuit as invalid and then setting out to correct it.

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
The following user(s) said Thank You: ren, Kira

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2019 00:20 #335754 by Manu

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: No Manu I make no hard assumptions. My point was that many do though, assume somebody else should act or behave or talk a specific way and then go about trying to make them change. That never works very well and yes kobos I would agree it comes from ego and I think that ego is fed by a false sense of superiority because they have been given a title.


I don’t think it’s the title that does it. Remember Karpman’s victim triangle? I believe many who are attracted to the Jedi imagery as heroes/knights/monks have the tendency to fall into the Rescuer perspective, and thus are quick to apply their bias to “identify” both the “Persecuter” doing the bullying and the “Victim” needing saving.

Because the Rescuer role is sort of aligned with Jedi mythos, and at the same time socially acceptable, it makes it even easier to play into the drama.

And of course that is why you get often singled out as a Persecuter. Ironically, this might make you “feel” like a victim, haha.

“Remember, rewards come in action, not in discussion.” Tony Robbins
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyrin Wyldstar, Kira

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2019 02:35 #335756 by ren
Can you imagine if the people here who like to see and fight persecution where there is none did the same thing in similar situations offline? Complained to the police as they do here to the mods? 'hello officer this person is talking about things I don't like can you kick them out of the country please?'

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Kyrin Wyldstar, Kira

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2019 19:19 #335773 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Manu wrote: I don’t think it’s the title that does it. Remember Karpman’s victim triangle? I believe many who are attracted to the Jedi imagery as heroes/knights/monks have the tendency to fall into the Rescuer perspective, and thus are quick to apply their bias to “identify” both the “Persecuter” doing the bullying and the “Victim” needing saving.

Because the Rescuer role is sort of aligned with Jedi mythos, and at the same time socially acceptable, it makes it even easier to play into the drama.

And of course that is why you get often singled out as a Persecuter. Ironically, this might make you “feel” like a victim, haha.




I think this is pretty spot on. It's this very thing that make so many here not actually be in pursuit of a spiritual wisdom but just simple role players or LARPers. These focuses on robes and light sabers and titles and self delusional ideas and actions that they are some form of modern day super hero are what keeps this place from its legitimate place in spiritual circles and it is what stifles individual growth in so many here.

You are right I went through that victim phase for a while but I never let it stop me from growth. I evolved past it and have seen so much more now. I never gave up as so many that progressed higher in the ranks than I have done. In fact as I have worked myself out of the temple ranks I have become a better Jedi in the process.

It always floors me when a knight will claim such a high standard in an oath of rank or office at this temple but the second things dont go as they want according to their biased view, temper tantrums and resignations are the result. I no longer follow the example of these so called "Jedi in name only" and have come to realize who the true Jedi of this place are. I now follow the example of people like you and Ren, who sit back and quietly contribute always without fail. In my mind jedi like you guys are the true jedi of this place. Quiet service without need of ego stroking.

I think that is the true lesson of this place, finding the ability to truly shed the delusion of super hero worship and become a true contributor to our reality both here and irl. I think this realization is the true single driving factor in the difference in mentality the OP asked for.

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
The following user(s) said Thank You: ren, Omhu Cuspor, Kobos, Erinis, Kira

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2019 23:09 - 17 Mar 2019 23:28 #335788 by Kira
Well said Kyrin. I agree with the sentiments you've shared here. A long time ago, individual growth and mutual accountability was the group dynamic. Back then, there were no ranks and respect was earned and maintained over time. You couldn't expect to throw your rank around as a free pass to handwaive away your actions, you actually had to answer for them to the group. If you didn't satisfy the group when questioned, you lost respect. Simple really. Ultimately, I think excessive hierarchy and rank eventually hinders growth more than it helps.

MTFBWY
Last edit: 17 Mar 2019 23:28 by Kira.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Omhu Cuspor, Kobos, Kyrin Wyldstar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2019 23:18 #335789 by Adder
Well, if anyone has been reading recent posts I have to answer that for this that it is a process (rather then a statement) :D

But basically, shaping growth... mostly self, but others where its welcomed and possible. Finding a deeper awareness of essence through refinement of ones nature. The later being the product of essence and environment IMO. Which is interesting, because when that is the priority, it really makes those who are not on the same path stand out a mile :silly:

Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2019 00:08 - 18 Mar 2019 00:15 #335790 by Manu

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: It's this very thing that make so many here not actually be in pursuit of a spiritual wisdom but just simple role players or LARPers. These focuses on robes and light sabers and titles and self delusional ideas and actions that they are some form of modern day super hero are what keeps this place from its legitimate place in spiritual circles and it is what stifles individual growth in so many here.


This should get its own separate thread. Right off the bat, I would declare a non sequitur on the inverse relationship between love for lightsabers and spiritual growth. And a “hero mythos” might be a meditation tool in driving purpose and training, so, your whole assessment is highly debatable, and perhaps outside the scope of this thread (I.e. deserves a thread of its own)

You are right I went through that victim phase for a while but I never let it stop me from growth. I evolved past it and have seen so much more now. I never gave up as so many that progressed higher in the ranks than I have done. In fact as I have worked myself out of the temple ranks I have become a better Jedi in the process.


If you were able to grow out of the Victim triangle, wouldn’t it make sense that others can as well? Give ‘em time.

It always floors me when a knight will claim such a high standard in an oath of rank or office at this temple but the second things dont go as they want according to their biased view, temper tantrums and resignations are the result.


It might have to do with the reverence that is built up around the rank itself. But all members, from guests to founders, are human, and thus may at one point or another make a mistake.

I no longer follow the example of these so called "Jedi in name only" and have come to realize who the true Jedi of this place are. I now follow the example of people like you and Ren, who sit back and quietly contribute always without fail. In my mind jedi like you guys are the true jedi of this place. Quiet service without need of ego stroking.


As much as I am flattered, I think it is a huge disservice to exclude other people as “real Jedi” that can offer valuable contribution, simply because I cannot grasp their point of view at this particular point in time. Wherever you look there is something to be seen, and all that...

“Remember, rewards come in action, not in discussion.” Tony Robbins
Last edit: 18 Mar 2019 00:15 by Manu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, V-Tog, Nicole Judge, Kobos, Arisaig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2019 18:29 - 18 Mar 2019 18:34 #335801 by Kyrin Wyldstar

Manu wrote: This should get its own separate thread. Right off the bat, I would declare a non sequitur on the inverse relationship between love for lightsabers and spiritual growth. And a “hero mythos” might be a meditation tool in driving purpose and training, so, your whole assessment is highly debatable, and perhaps outside the scope of this thread (I.e. deserves a thread of its own)


Well I never said it was an inverse relationship. I consider them mutually exclusive but there is also the very factual reality where many individuals replace one (true spiritual pursuit) with the other (delusions of being a science fiction superhero). And I also think this speaks to the root of the OP post so I don’t consider them separate subjects. It comes down to the very definition of Jedi and which of us actually fulfill that definition. Subconscious LARPers, of which there are many at this temple, are not individuals I respect as being in pursuit of an honest spiritual path.




Manu wrote: If you were able to grow out of the Victim triangle, wouldn’t it make sense that others can as well? Give ‘em time.


Oh yes I absolutely agree! But we must also be brutally honest in our assessments and only give credit where credit is due. And in that pursuit we must also recognize that until such time as they may grow out of these places of fantasy they have little to offer in the way of true wisdom. And that we only do them a further disservice in prematurely granting them these ranks that only serve to further inflate their ego and thus more greatly entrench them in their delusions. Rank, if it must exist, should not be a matter of academics, but of action. It is this very temples impatience to legitify itself that has caused this disparity.




Manu wrote: As much as I am flattered, I think it is a huge disservice to exclude other people as “real Jedi” that can offer valuable contribution, simply because I cannot grasp their point of view at this particular point in time. Wherever you look there is something to be seen, and all that...



I am making no claims that any one is a Jedi or not a Jedi. However I do reserve the right to personally judge, in my opinion, who the pretenders are and who the true advocates are. It’s not in a title that I do this but in an individual’s actions. People can call themselves whatever they want, I could care less. I have never been particularity attached to the title and I have said that many times here. What I am interested in is the work. And I find great value in good hard honest work. This is not in the form of service to others but of service to self. There is too much focus on selflessness and too little focus on selfishness. Without the willingness to work on “self” first you will never benefit another in any meaningful way.

Writing a few lessons on Jedi utility belts and twirling a light saber around for a few months like some sort of drum major and then declaring themselves Battlemasters where they proceed to create colorful dialogues that could only come from a Sci-Fi B movie in which they demonize others and declare their destruction at their hand, all while safely hiding behind the curtain of a protected forum, are fake individuals that I have no respect for as Jedi. Until they earn that respect, something I hope they do, I have little time for them.

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
Last edit: 18 Mar 2019 18:34 by Kyrin Wyldstar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2019 19:04 - 18 Mar 2019 19:06 #335804 by Manu

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I consider them mutually exclusive but there is also the very factual reality where many individuals replace one (true spiritual pursuit) with the other (delusions of being a science fiction superhero). And I also think this speaks to the root of the OP post so I don’t consider them separate subjects. It comes down to the very definition of Jedi and which of us actually fulfill that definition. Subconscious LARPers, of which there are many at this temple, are not individuals I respect as being in pursuit of an honest spiritual path.


Why are they mutually exclusive?

Oh yes I absolutely agree! But we must also be brutally honest in our assessments and only give credit where credit is due. And in that pursuit we must also recognize that until such time as they may grow out of these places of fantasy they have little to offer in the way of true wisdom. And that we only do them a further disservice in prematurely granting them these ranks that only serve to further inflate their ego and thus more greatly entrench them in their delusions. Rank, if it must exist, should not be a matter of academics, but of action. It is this very temples impatience to legitify itself that has caused this disparity.


I have no issue with brutal honesty. But in my experience as a father, customer service rep, sales manager, forum admin, etc. people are not all alike. Different people and different situations require different communication styles. This has nothing to do with "behavior unbecoming" crap people tend to throw around... it is simply a matter of maximizing effectiveness.

As to the ranking system, what do you suggest as a yardstick for determining who is ready?

What I am interested in is the work. And I find great value in good hard honest work. This is not in the form of service to others but of service to self. There is too much focus on selflessness and too little focus on selfishness. Without the willingness to work on “self” first you will never benefit another in any meaningful way.


I am interested. Tell me more about the focus on working on selfishness. What kind of work are you thinking about?

Writing a few lessons on Jedi utility belts and twirling a light saber around for a few months like some sort of drum major and then declaring themselves Battlemasters where they proceed to create colorful dialogues that could only come from a Sci-Fi B movie in which they demonize others and declare their destruction at their hand, all while safely hiding behind the curtain of a protected forum, are fake individuals that I have no respect for as Jedi. Until they earn that respect, something I hope they do, I have little time for them.


I guess they'll have to learn to survive without your respect.

“Remember, rewards come in action, not in discussion.” Tony Robbins
Last edit: 18 Mar 2019 19:06 by Manu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2019 19:52 #335805 by Erinis

Adder wrote: Well, if anyone has been reading recent posts I have to answer that for this that it is a process (rather then a statement) :D


Exactly :D many discussion nearly always turns into poking each other.
Well, in order to not just to chatter,

I would say that my present directive in sense of Jedi purpose is to become honest as much as possible. To become an authentic/real.
In way, to not pretend that I feel good, even though it´s not true. Which is caused by effort to not disappoint others.
The path leads through breaking my needs to look like a nice girl in front the eyes of others. (because I am accustomed to show only one side of my personality)
That good one.

Be pheonix, who rise from ashes
Erinis


The following user(s) said Thank You: Omhu Cuspor, Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.